Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing #2 Image Generators


Wordle - can be a bit addictive, to say the least....but I think students would totally enjoy the results when using their own writing to see if they really did make their point.
Glogster - is the new tri-fold posterboard presentation but with incredibly amped up tech features. The depth of the end-product is virtually limitless. I've seen some really cool Glogster products by some of the other players so I think I'm going to continue to work on mine. Trying to figure out how to layer video images like one of the other players, Maria. Back to the drawing board. BTW - my students are going to absolutely LOVE this application.
Voice Thread - is a fantastic supplement to the whole group discussion, which is always limited by time constraints in the classroom. With the ability to be topic specific, teachers and students could have a discussion forum beyond the classroom. How many times have we thought of a FABulous comment that would have 'iced the cake' AFTER class? The Voice Thread option allows a continuation of valuable discussion as students and teachers have had additional time to process classroom discussion.
Bookr - could be used to fulfill any number of assignments - flashcards, event sequencing, main ideas, character development. It appears to be a much simpler forum, so I'm not sure of the capability limits or possibilities. Which in itself may be a good thing, the simplicity may encourage more usage and build techno-confidence for those who need more.
.....and just because I kept going on this Thing.... I created my first ANIMOTO. It is of my oldest daughter's college graduation. Found the perfect song and the whole thing turned out FABulously. My family thinks I'm some kind of techno genius. Sure!

1 comment:

  1. When I posted my Voki, I went to Blogger Design, then ADD GADGET and picked the html option. I cut and pasted the HTML of my Voki. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete